Winning start for Sterry Cup champions Cromer
Sterry Cup champions Cromer Town kicked off the defence of their title with a victory on Saturday.
The Crabs came out 3-2 winners at Beccles Town, thanks to goals from Antoni Fawkes, Liam Landamore and Simon Freemantle. Beccles' goals came courtesy of Sam Roberts and David Shade.
Perhaps the shock of the day was at Blofield United, who finished third last season but saw their challenge get off to a losing start - beaten 1-0 at home by promoted Dersingham Rovers, whose goal came from Tim Kirby.
The other newcomers, Reepham Town, drew 2-2 at home to Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Nathan Savage and Stephen Drake were on target for last season's Division )ne runners-up, with Reece Borrett and Jordan Haverson getting the goals for the visitors.
James Buxton scored the only goal of the game as St Andrews beat Wroxham Reserves.
In Division One, Caister and Long Stratton were the big scorers, both scoring six without reply.
Long Stratton, who missed promotion by just two pints, thumped relegated Wells Town, with goals from Lee Barrett (2), Sam Page (2), Kelvin Willimott and Andy Clitheroe.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 6 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 7 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
There were braces for Nicholas Crawley and Anton Ward, and one apiece for Garrett Ward and Thomas Rowley as Caister beat Brandon.