West Norfolk Sports Podcast: Special preview to Speedway World Cup Event One at King’s Lynn
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gavin Caney helps ramp up the excitement to one of the greatest nights of the year in King's Lynn on this week's West Norfolk Sports Podcast.
Our sports reporter in the west of the county is joined by Great Britain's Simon Stead and Swindon-based journalist Andy Warren to bring you all the latest news and views ahead of tomorrow's Norfolk Arena meeting.
If that's not enough, Caney and Warren go toe-to-toe in a prediction competition – with the loser facing severe consequences – and discuss the rest of the action that will come up in this year's prestigious competition which sees GB, Australia, USA, Italy, Czech Republic, Latvia, Denmark, Sweden and already-qualified finalists Poland battle for the sport's biggest prize.
As well as that, we have our usual 'Gone in 60 Seconds' round-up where all of the area's latest sports news is summed up inside a minute, including a look at how the area's stars are getting on at the Commonwealth Games.
- To listen to the latest WNSP (episode 37), click here – or visit www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp
- To get involved with the podcast, or for all your latest news, follow Gavin on Twitter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.
You may also want to watch:
*Podcast recorded on July 23
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach