West Norfolk non-league round-up: Hunt hails Swaffham Town’s character after comeback cup victory
Swaffham Town boss Paul Hunt praised his side's character after they came from 3-0 down to beat Team Bury on Saturday.
A brace from Jack Redhead plus finishes from Rory Harper, Alex Vincent and Lee Woolmore - his first senior goal for the club - helped the Pedlars record back-to-back wins for the first time since August.
Hunt said: 'We could have been 2-0 up and then we found ourselves 3-0 down. We scored two before half-time and there was only going to be one winner in the second half. Our reaction was superb. The players didn't lose their heads. They didn't go into their shell. They kept going. And we played some flowing and confident football to get the win.'
Swaffham's reward for their 5-3 Division One Knockout Cup first round win is a home quarter-final tie against Brightlingsea Regent.
The Pedlars host Debenham LC at the weekend in a Thurlow Nunn First Division clash. Centre-backs Dean Miller (suspended) and Woolmore (county duty) are unavailable, as is striker Toby Hilliard (county duty).
You may also want to watch:
Downham Town travel to Halstead Town, without Matthew Castellan (county duty), Matty Franks and Luke Fisher (both unavailable), having lost 3-1 in the knockout cup to high-flying Newmarket Town at the weekend.
Assistant Pete Brassett said: 'It was a bit disappointing because we didn't reach the heights of recent weeks. Maybe we gave them too much respect? With a young squad there will be peaks and troughs so we must not get too down. A bad week in the cup, rather than the league, is a plus.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
Matt Calvert scored on Saturday. Simon Bird and Jordan Goult were joint JD Cooling System man of the match winners.
Premier Division Wisbech Town host Thetford having seen their 10-game unbeaten run ended at Felixstowe & Walton United on Saturday.
Peterborough Division One Lynn Reserves visit Langtoft on the back of a 3-1 win over Stamford Belvedere. Tom McLeish, Shaun Stocker and Jack Frohawk bagged Lynn's goals.