West Norfolk League round-up: Top-of-table fixture is cut short by rain
- Credit: PA
Hockwold only managed to bat for 22 overs before the rain caused their match against Heacham to be abandoned, writes Kevin Fisher.
Matthew Blake had scored 32 and Anthony Sadler 39 not out in Heacham's total of 99-5. At Castle Rising, Northwold batted for 26 overs reaching 131-3 with Marcus Glover scoring 46, Jason Plumpton 32 and Ash Drohan 38no before rain stopped play. Rising's Perry Dawson took 2-13.
Narborough A took full advantage of being the only match to reach completion by beating Fakenham B by seven wickets to go top of Division Two. Fakenham reached 137 all out with Bruce Bushell unbeaten on 39 and Jack Wells scoring 33.
David Cornwall took 3-23 and Danny Yeates-Cornwall 3-31. Matthew Coe, with 46, and Jonathan Coe (49no) saw Narborough home.
Gooderstone reached 76-5 with Justin Marshall scoring 42 and James Buhlemann taking 2-25 before rain stopped play. Holt (109-4, Ciaran Chapman 52) and Hospital (Kevin Fisher 3-23) also saw their game curtailed.
You may also want to watch:
Dersingham A (William Pennington 5-27) bowled Gayton for 78. They were in trouble at 13-3 when their Division Three top-of-the-table clash was abandoned.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures