West Norfolk League round-up: Top-of-table fixture is cut short by rain
- Credit: PA
Hockwold only managed to bat for 22 overs before the rain caused their match against Heacham to be abandoned, writes Kevin Fisher.
Matthew Blake had scored 32 and Anthony Sadler 39 not out in Heacham's total of 99-5. At Castle Rising, Northwold batted for 26 overs reaching 131-3 with Marcus Glover scoring 46, Jason Plumpton 32 and Ash Drohan 38no before rain stopped play. Rising's Perry Dawson took 2-13.
Narborough A took full advantage of being the only match to reach completion by beating Fakenham B by seven wickets to go top of Division Two. Fakenham reached 137 all out with Bruce Bushell unbeaten on 39 and Jack Wells scoring 33.
David Cornwall took 3-23 and Danny Yeates-Cornwall 3-31. Matthew Coe, with 46, and Jonathan Coe (49no) saw Narborough home.
Gooderstone reached 76-5 with Justin Marshall scoring 42 and James Buhlemann taking 2-25 before rain stopped play. Holt (109-4, Ciaran Chapman 52) and Hospital (Kevin Fisher 3-23) also saw their game curtailed.
You may also want to watch:
Dersingham A (William Pennington 5-27) bowled Gayton for 78. They were in trouble at 13-3 when their Division Three top-of-the-table clash was abandoned.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town