West Norfolk League round-up: Thrilling Twenty20 fixture goes down to the wire
The Heacham versus Sandringham and the Snettisham against Castle Rising Division One Cup Group A matches were rained off, writes Kevin Fisher.
Both need to be replayed before Saturday, August 8. In Group B, Denver's Ben Watts took 6-12 to help bowl out Northwold for 53 in less than 15 overs. James Harper scored an unbeaten 42 to secure victory by nine wickets in the 11th over. Denver will have to wait to see if they will progress to the final as Hillington versus Hockwold fell victim to the weather.
In Group A of the Division Two Cup, Castle Acre versus Holt was postponed. Hospital were unable to raise a team and conceded their match against Downham B.
In Group B, Gooderstone batted first and scored 131-6 with Keith Morgan scoring 33, Kevin Bandy 28 and Paul Dunger taking 5-18 for Fakenham thirds. Bruce Bushell top-scored with 34 as Fakenham B reached 69-7 in their 20 overs. That 62-run victory secured a place in the Division Two Twenty20 final for Gooderstone.
Matthew Coe scored 39 in Narborough A's total of 92-8 with Neil Irwin taking 3-14. Theo Riviere scored 45 and James Hearmon 26 as Sandringham A scored 93-6 to win the match off the last ball of the innings. David Cornwall was the pick of the Narborough bowlers taking 4-28.
You may also want to watch:
In the Division Three Cup Group A, Gayton were unable to raise a team and conceded their match against Dersingham A.
Michael Herbert scored 55 and Connor Grief 26 in Snettisham A's total of 151-6 during their Group B fixture. Mike Gathercole took 3-32 and M Harrowing 3-39. Dave Harrison took 3-18 as Castle Rising A replied with 68-9. That 83-run victory secured Snettisham A a place in the Division Three T20 final. Gooderstone A versus Swaffham A was rained off.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
League action takes centre stage, weather permitting, at the weekend. In Division One, Castle Rising welcome Snettisham, Denver host Hillington, Heacham entertain Northwold and Hockwold are at home to Sandringham. Division Two fixtures will be played at Gooderstone, Hospital, Narborough and Sandringham A.