West Norfolk 12, Harwich & Dovercourt 20
A very young West Norfolk side trailed 13-0 at half-time against a Harwich team with an experienced and organised pack after some poor handling and decision making.
But they made a game of it in the second half, when Jake Richardson scored two tries – the second following a good run and hand-off from Ross Biggs.
Charlie Fysh was West's man of the match after giving an outstanding performance at No 8.
Team manager Nigel Richardson said: 'We need to get back to the basics we've done in training and learn from the second-half performance and effort we showed.'
Elsewhere in Eastern Counties One, Crusaders took a big step towards securing their safety by beating Southwold 36-0 with tries by Peter Blinkhorn, Callum Slaughter (two) and full-back Keysall.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two, Thetford maintained their title push by thrashing Sawston 67-0 while Swaffham won 35-9 at Mistley.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship