Wensum Table Tennis Club youngsters maintain their upward curve
- Credit: Archant
Wensum Table Tennis Club's youngsters were in action on the final day of action in the Eastern Region National Cadet and National Junior Leagues at Stowmarket.
The competition has been hugely important to Wensum coaches Sam Rock and Mark Dare, allowing them to monitor the development of the players and pick up on any aspect of their play that needs working on over the summer.
The three Wensum teams, one junior and two cadet, competed well over the four days of the competition, often against older and more experienced players.
The juniors started in Division Two, gained promotion on day three and eventually finished fourth in Division One. The cadet first team yo-yoed between Divisions One and Two, finishing the season fifth place in Division One.
Congratulations are due to Wensum's cadet second team of Thomas Rooke, Alex McRobie and Will Bussey for winning Division Two.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city