We must start beating the big sides, says ambitious King’s Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gary Setchell concedes his men will have to start beating some big-hitters to achieve their Evo-Stik Premier Division goals.
The Linnets' boss has seen his back-to-back promoted troops match the top three sides in the table before slipping to defeats. Their latest loss to a high-flier came at home on Tuesday night and Setchell knows results against teams like Worksop Town must improve if they are to finish in the top half of the table.
Lynn's boss said: 'Worksop are a good outfit, I'm sure they'll get in the play-offs.
'But I've said to our lads, if we've got any ambitions about getting in the top eight, like we said, we've got to start winning one or two of these bigger games against bigger teams.
'We played really well at Skelmersdale (top) but lost 3-0. We went to Chorley (second) and lost 1-0. The only team I think we've beaten in the top five is Worksop (third, away, 4-1) and we drew here with FC United (fifth, 0-0).
You may also want to watch:
'I told the players it's very easy to play when you're 3-0 up at home to Witton, no disrespect to them, or when you're two and 3-1 up against Stafford and everyone wants the ball. But sometimes you have to do it at 1-0. Even if you can't be better than your opponent, sometimes you've got to be a good second.'
A brace from Leon Mettam and an Adam Quinn goal were enough to see the Tigers win 3-1 at The Walks two days ago. But it was only the Linnets' first home reverse in seven league matches.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
And Setchell's men, eighth, still remain just one point off FC United who occupy the final play-off position.