We must start beating the big sides, says ambitious King’s Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gary Setchell concedes his men will have to start beating some big-hitters to achieve their Evo-Stik Premier Division goals.
The Linnets' boss has seen his back-to-back promoted troops match the top three sides in the table before slipping to defeats. Their latest loss to a high-flier came at home on Tuesday night and Setchell knows results against teams like Worksop Town must improve if they are to finish in the top half of the table.
Lynn's boss said: 'Worksop are a good outfit, I'm sure they'll get in the play-offs.
'But I've said to our lads, if we've got any ambitions about getting in the top eight, like we said, we've got to start winning one or two of these bigger games against bigger teams.
'We played really well at Skelmersdale (top) but lost 3-0. We went to Chorley (second) and lost 1-0. The only team I think we've beaten in the top five is Worksop (third, away, 4-1) and we drew here with FC United (fifth, 0-0).
'I told the players it's very easy to play when you're 3-0 up at home to Witton, no disrespect to them, or when you're two and 3-1 up against Stafford and everyone wants the ball. But sometimes you have to do it at 1-0. Even if you can't be better than your opponent, sometimes you've got to be a good second.'
A brace from Leon Mettam and an Adam Quinn goal were enough to see the Tigers win 3-1 at The Walks two days ago. But it was only the Linnets' first home reverse in seven league matches.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 7 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 8 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 9 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 10 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
And Setchell's men, eighth, still remain just one point off FC United who occupy the final play-off position.