WBO European lightweight champion Liam Walsh is a stepping stone for me - Scott Harrison
Cromer's Liam Walsh has been warned he could become a stepping stone for Scott Harrison's return to the big time this weekend.
Walsh, unbeaten in his 13 outings, defends his WBO European lightweight title against the experienced Scotsman at Wembley Arena on Saturday.
Harrsion has had much publicised problems outside of the ring, involving drink and drugs and convictions for assault, but at 35 years old believes he is still capable of causing an upset and becoming a three-time world champion.
'This is my opportunity, the big fight and stage I wanted,' he said. 'I can't wait to get back in the ring and get the job done.
'I was training hard a month-and-a-half before this fight was even mentioned and contrary to what has been said in some quarters I have kept myself fit.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm going on 36, but my weight is perfect and I've been running at 6.30 every morning, spending a lot of time in the hills breathing fresh air as well as sparring eight rounds five days a week.
'Walsh is unbeaten in 13 fights and he has 10 KOs on his record so he is a good up-and-coming opponent.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Get used to phone appointments or the NHS collapses - GP tells patients
'And while I am not looking beyond this one at the moment I am using it as a stepping stone to another world title fight.'
Harrison fought, and won, twice last year after a seven-year absence from the ring, but is refusing to take anything but a positive outlook.
'I am looking at this fight as the beginning of the last chapter of my career which will go on for a good few years yet,' he said.
'I have been here many times before in world title defences and this is my chance to climb back up the ladder. I believe I will be a three-time world champion.
'There have been a lot of career high points, such as when I won back the world title and when I lifted the British title.
'But I also believe I have a good future ahead of me.'