Waltham Abbey 2, Wroxham 1
- Credit: IAN BURT
Wroxham were left to rue conceding a goal five minutes from time as Waltham Abbey saw off the Yachtsmen on Saturday.
Ayton Coley struck for the home side late on to give the Londoners all three points and Wroxham will be glad to see the back of their debut season in the Ryman League Divsion One North.
Manager David Batch has had to withstand a crippling injury list at Trafford Park this season, having to rely on youngsters in recent weeks to cope with a hectic fixture schedule.
However, this proved a bridge too far for his side, who fell behind on five minutes through an own goal from Ben Lewis under pressure from Abbey striker James Peagram.
The visitors rallied and got back on level terms just before the half-hour mark when an Abbey defender handled inside the penalty area and Matt Daniels duly dispatched the penalty.
You may also want to watch:
It looked like being enough for Wroxham to leave with a share of the spoils but Abbey came on strong in the final quarter and were rewarded through Coley's calm finish.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups