Waddell the destroyer
FRANKLY DIGITAL NORFOLK ALLIANCE DIVISIONS THREE, FOUR, FIVE & SIX: Richard Waddell's six-wicket haul kept Great Melton's Division Three promotion push in top gear.
Waddell took six for 42 as lowly Ashmanhaugh were dismissed for 142, Ray Stribbon hitting 46.
Richard Wood steered his side to a nine-wicket win with an unbeaten 71.
Swardeston's third team beat Swaffham by four wickets at Hilltops, Don Drepaulsingh taking 4 for 28, Carl Oxborough top-scoring with 47. In reply the hosts were struggling at 74-5 but a partnership of 67 for the sixth wicket between Alex Bilham (52 no) and Ben Shearing (36) calmed the nerves and Will Kennard helped Bilham see Swardeston comfortably home.
Ryan Pearce's five for 42 helped Sprowston A to an 18-run win over Dersingham. Uzal Hossain had earlier scored a half century in Sprowston's 178-9 total
You may also want to watch:
Sam Mann's 82 helped Division Three leaders Old Buckenham A to a seven-wicket success over Hardingham. Ali Beales took four for 46 as Hardingham posted 199-7 with half centuries from Jason Goodrum and Barney Goodrum.
Ben Clarke's 123 and Dean Elliott's 79 helped Cromer A to an eight-wicket win at Thetford. Andy Kerling scored 53 and Mick Pigott 71 in a 236-8 total, with Peter Gascoigne claiming five for 22.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
Hethersett and Tas Valley A's Matthew Steward took four wickets in the draw with Mundford but could find no way past Matt Goodrham who scored an unbeaten 116.
Matt Wise scored a half century in Bungay's losing draw against Narborough.
Saad Aamer hit 55 and Jason Noonan 76 as Division Five leaders Rocklands beat Aldborough by 108 runs.
Swardeston CEYMS side lost by 10 wickets to Great Melton A, who are second.
Michael Austin top-scored with 37 as the visitors could only muster 119. Martin Bunn (82 no) and Jason Whiddett (33 no) saw Melton home in 23 overs.
Luke Hannant's unbeaten 58 helped Halvergate to a five-wicket win over Norwich and Coltishall Wanderers A despite half centuries from Dan Littlehales and Max McIntosh.
Peter Abbs scored 86 and Nick Hewetson took 5 for 41 in Bradfield A's 49-run win over Beccles A in Division Six.