Video: Harrow Borough 2, Lowestoft Town 4

The goal of the season so far by Lubomir Guentchev from inside his own half set Lowestoft off on a convincing victory over Harrow Borrow.

A spirited comeback by the home side reduced the arrears in the final 20 minutes after the Blues had built up a four-goal lead.

Andy Reynolds returned to the side after missing five games through injury and there was a recall for Greg Crane after completing his one game suspension. Matt Nolan was still out through injury.

Lowestoft took control from the outset but for the first 25 minutes carried no cutting edge. Joe Francis saw his header held by Will Viner, Michael Frew was sent clear but shot tamely from 30 yards and Jamie Forshaw saw his effort rebound clear off the keeper's legs. Frew also put a close range header straight into the keeper's hands.

The breakthrough came in the 28th minute. Keeper Viner took a free kick outside the penalty area to the right of his goal and as the ball fell to Lubo Guentchev inside his own half in the centre circle he volleyed the ball straight back from 55 yards wide of the keeper into the net.

Lowestoft added their second goal in the 35th minute. Frew was brought down just outside the penalty area. Adam Smith fooled the defenders by beckoning the strikers towards the far post and with every one expecting a floated free kick he curled the ball around the wall and just inside the near post.

Four minutes later it was three with Scott Mitchell threaded a pass between defenders for Frew to run on to and shoot past Viner.

Most Read

After weathering a spell of Harrow pressure at the start of the second half Lowestoft burst into action again to open up a four-goal lead. A quick break from defence saw Reynolds throw the ball to Mitchell. He swept a fine pass out to Guentchev on the right who cut into the penalty area before laying off a perfect pass for Francis to side foot home from 12 yards.

The game seemed over as a contest but to their credit Harrow put in a spirited finish. In the 67th minute a free kick from Aryantaj Talbakhsh was headed home powerfully by Danny Leech from close range. Just four minutes later Harrow further reduced the arrears with Lowestoft failing to clear their lines and substitute Joshua Thomas eventually forcing the ball into the net.

This led to a frantic last quarter but Lowestoft held out without too many scares and were close to adding a fifth goal with a 20-yard drive from Ebus Onuchukwu flashing narrowly wide.

• Harrow Borough: Viner, Rowe (Gondwe, 85), Bradnock-Brennan, Walters, Leech, Tajbakhsh, Wootton, Wolleaston, Buckle, Schoburgh (Delgado, 67), Bates (Thomas, 67), Subs (not used) McGonigle, Fehmi-Gil.

• Lowestoft Town: Reynolds, Okay, Smith, Fisk, Crane, Gaughran, Guentchev, Mitchell (Cockrill, 67), Frew, Forshaw (Onuchukwu, 63), Francis, Subs (not used) Manning, Hodd, Jessup.

• Attendance: 186