Callum Simpson and Norwich Road Runners’ Amy Beck win the Mike Groves 10K in hot conditions
- Credit: Archant
Callum Simpson took victory at the Mike Groves 10K on Sunday in 36:43 in the second race of the 2018 Coltishall Jaguars 10K series.
Simpson followed up his victory in the Mad March Hare earlier this year with a fine run in hot conditions.
Simpson was 42 seconds slower than his performance earlier this year but it was enough to take the win ahead of Norfolk Gazelles AC's John Moore in 38:31. Marc Coles (Norwich Road Runners) was third in 38:34.
MORE: Love running? Join the Run Anglia Facebook group hereNorwich Road Runners' Amy Beck was first lady in 42:18, just as she was at the Mad March Hare. Club-mate Jessica Behan was second in 43:23 with Rowena Leary (Norfolk Gazelles AC) third in 44:19.
A total of 578 runners took part in the race, earmarked by many as a great opportunity to post a new personal best. However, whilst the course was flat the temperature ensured that many runners couldn't all get what they were looking for.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000