Victories leave Acle A in top flight driving seat
Following the weekend's games in the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League, Acle A now top Division 1 after wins away at Wymondham A by 98 shots to 57 (Top rink Ian Wones 33-9) and at home to Norfolk BC 'A' by 80 shots to 68 (Top rink Jason Roope 30-17).
County Arts A now need to pick up 5 points and win by 28 shots away at Lynnsport 'A' next weekend to snatch the title from Acle. Lynnsport 'A' themselves won at home to Pentney 'A' by 89 shots to 68, Stephen Winter winning 34-15 for them.
Diss 'A' are Divison 2 Champions following their win away at Shotford 'A' by 77 shots to 66, captain Roger Barnbrook taking the top rink honours 25-17. Browston 'A' beat County Arts 'B' at home by 128 shots to 51, Peter Hurren's rink winning 34-5, a result which relegates County Arts 'B' along with Norfolk BC 'B'.
Old Hall are Division 3 champions following their 81 shot apiece draw at Lakeside 'B', Richard Flaxman's rink winning for Lakeside 25-14.
Dereham 'A' are second after they beat third placed North Walsham at home by 80 shots to 65, John Gamblin's rink winning 23-16. Acle 'C' beat Roundwood 'A' at home by 101 shots to 69 (Top rink Michael Askham 28-15) and Brecks won away at Pinewood Park 'B' by 84 shots to 71 (Top rink A. Stevenson 23-12).
You may also want to watch:
Divison 4 champions Wymondham 'B' finished their season with a win away at Norfolk BC 'C' by 90 shots to 76, Graham Jinks rink winning 27-10. County Arts 'C' won at home to Browston 'B' by 99 shots to 70, Pentney 'B' beat Gallow 'B' at home by 87 shots to 63 and the biggest win of the day went to Diss 'B' who won at home to Dereham 'B' by 141 shots to 45, Tony Baker's rink achieving an impressive 58-3 victory.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 6 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school