Vauxhall Mallards bounce back from painful defeat
- Credit: Archant
Vauxhall Mallards bounced back from a disappointing derby defeat by beating another of their local rivals.
Having failed to chase down 101 against Horsford at Manor Park, Mallards had no such batting problems against Norwich at Ingham.
Set a modest 155 for victory, the visitors got home with overs and wickets to the spare this time around as Matt Plater (52) and Mitchell Todd (43 not out) got down to work.
Earlier Ben France, Luke Caswell, Brett Stolworthy and Todd had all taken two wickets while Oli Higenbottam (41) and Ashley Watson were the main men for Norwich.
Horsford followed up their unlikely win by putting in another good shift at Frinton which saw them come away with a hard-earned draw,
You may also want to watch:
Former Essex player Mervyn Westfield made 103 and Kyran Young 94 as the Essex side reached 271-4 in 55 overs. In reply Horsford finished on 178-6 off 48 (Stephan Marillier 69, Robbie Bridgstock 38 not out).
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region