UEA Fencing Club’s Ben Bone wins silver medal at Malta Open
- Credit: Archant
A large contingent of UEA Fencing Club made an assault on the Malta Open, hosted by the St Paul Fencing Club.
The competition was multi national with 12 nations being represented. This was the first time that the club has ventured this far, although they are regular competitors on the national university circuit.
The trip paid off for Ben Bone who took a silver medal in the men's sabre event, eventually being beaten by Massimo Larossa of Italy. Nathan Gull was placed fifth in this event.
Whilst these results were the main achievement the other fencers, most of whom were less experienced, acquitted themselves well.
Overall the GB fencers came first in terms of medals, winning two golds, one silver and four bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Fencing Club meets at the Sportspark at the UEA at 7.40pm on Wednesday nights. Beginners' courses are available – see www.norfolkfencingclub.co.uk.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park