Tymal Mills takes first wicket on IPL debut but Royal Challengers Bangalore are beaten by Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Credit: PA
Tymal Mills took a wicket on his Indian Premier League debut as Royal Challengers Bangalore were beaten by 35 runs in their season opener at Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The Brandon-raised England international fast bowler endured a challenging first match in the IPL, on a dry and fast pitch in front of a capacity 55,000 crowd at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
The 24-year-old left-armer finished with figures of one for 31 from his four overs, opening and closing the bowling as Bangalore fielded first and saw Hyderabad score 207 for four in their 20 overs.
Mills took the wicket of legendary India batsman Yuvraj Singh, who had romped to his fastest IPL half century in just 23 balls, before being beaten by the former Suffolk bowler's pace when on 62. He also smashed a six off his second ball, before being caught going for another from his third, in a losing cause as his team collapsed to 172 all out.
There will be plenty of attention on the former Mildenhall College pupil during the next couple of months, after being signed to a huge £1.4million contract. Barring any problems with the congenital back problem which has forced him to give up the longer formats of the game, Mills will be back in action on Saturday when Bangalore host Delhi Daredevils.
You may also want to watch:
RC Banglaore fixtures (3.30pm UK time unless stated)
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
Sunrisers Hyderabad (a) – RESULT
Sat, April 8 – Delhi Daredevils (h)
Mon, April 10 – Kings XI Punjab (a)
Fri, April 14 – Mumbai Indians (h) – 11.30am
Sun, April 16 – Rising Pune Supergiant (h)
Tues, April 18 – Gujarat Lions (a)
Sun, April 23 – Kolkata Knight Riders (a)
Tues, April 25 – Sunrisers Hyderabad (h)
Thurs, April 27 – Gujarat Lions (h)
Sat, April 29 – Rising Pune Supergiant (a) – 11.30am
Mon, May 1 – Mumbai Indians (a) – 11.30am
Fri, May 5 – Kings XI Punjab (h)
Sun, May 7 – Kolkata Knight Riders (h) – 11.30am
Sun, May 14 – Delhi Daredevils (a)
(Followed by knockout stages, all matches live on Sky Sports)