Two Norwich School teams reach play-offs for national finals
- Credit: Archant
Two Norwich School girls hockey teams are celebrating after finishing in the top two in the East region tournament.
Both the U18 and U14 teams must now win a play-off to qualify for the national finals.
The teams played against some of the best teams in the East after they made it through the area competition. The U14 team played against Framlingham, Felsted and Sevenoaks schools and the U18s against Queenswood, Framlingham and Coopers Co and Coborn.
Head of Hockey Rob Sorrell said: 'This achievement is a first for Norwich School and a fantastic effort was seen by all. The teams have been focusing on extra training sessions, DVD analysis and a weekly strength and conditioning programme and their success at the tournament shows that it really has paid off.'
U18 squad: Alice Guest, Freddie Briscoe, Hannah Carroll, Ruth Willmott, Lauren Rowe, Sophie Cullens, Sabina Illing, Amy Campbell, Lucy Hopgood, Klara Moolman, Emma Moolman, Alice Hopgood, Laura Bailey, Alice Cary, Amy Brown.
You may also want to watch:
U14 squad: Abbie Ingham, Emily Rash, Becky Gaffney, Sophie Todd, Maisie Cruickshank, Grace Collen, Jemma Luck, Abi Clark, Brook Simmons, Eliza Barclay, Ellie Pitcher, Maddie Clements, Sarah Costello, Sophia Haehnelt, Willow Major, Grace Kidner, Anna Brook, Elizabeth King.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train