Two golds for Norfolk athletes at European Triathlon Championships in Austria
- Credit: IAN BURT
Local triathletes are celebrating success in the age group categories at the European Triathlon Championships in Austria.
Tri-Anglia triathlon club had 11 athletes competing in Kitzbühel – where Team GB's London 2012 star Alistair Brownlee claimed the elite men's gold medal.
There was also a gold medal for Norfolk athlete Kim Morrison, in the women's 25-29 age group.
Morrison, from Bale, near Fakenham, has previously been featured for her fundraising efforts for Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, where she underwent heart surgery as a young child after being born with two holes in her heart.
For Tri-Anglia, Iain Robertson claimed gold in the men's 35-39 category in a time of two hours, nine minutes and 16 seconds, with club-mate Matt Ellis one minute and 36 seconds further back in fourth place.
Anne Fish claimed silver in the women's 65-69 sprint and Kate Scotter came home fourth in the women's 30-34 sprint.
There was also a fourth-place finish for Becky Schofield in the women's 30-34 standard triathlon and sixth place in the paratriathlon for Rio 2016 Paralympic hopeful Iain Dawson.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
Other Tri-Anglia competitors were Grayhame Fish (17th men's 65-69 sprint), Alfie Chapman (20th men's 20-24), Nathan Risbey (22nd men's 30-34), Graham Bainger (30th men's 60-64) and Peter Chapman (37th men's 55-59).