Tuition available at Blackdyke
Blackdyke trout fishery (07525 730447): Still on form with plenty of fish being taken. The lake is in good condition with good water clarity and very little weed. Best flies have been dries, buzzers and damsels nymphs.
Floating lines and long leaders are a must at this time of year. There is tuition available at Blackdyke throughout August at �20 an hour. Details from Paul Speed.
Narborough trout lakes (01760 338005): The hot muggy weather has seen the fish go a little deeper looking for cooler water, but the forecasted cooler weather will bring the fishing back to its best.
Try a floating line with a long leader failing that intermediate line to go a little deeper.
Best flies have been small black dries, buzzers plus the usual suspects vivas, montanas, cats whiskers and damsels.
You may also want to watch:
South Elmham lakes (07500 703389): The start of the week was a busy period with most anglers taking limit bags.
John Hague took a 6lb brownie plus two good sized rainbows but the fish of the week went to Des Porter with a cracking rainbow that tipped the scales at 8�lb.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
The weather has sent the fish deeper taking a wide range of flies from dries to lures.
Frog hall lake is gin clear while Old Hall lake is slightly coloured and low. The cooler weather plus restocking should see the lakes come alive as the stockies will get the older resident fish back on the feed.