Trophies up for grabs at Great Yarmouth
The final stages of the Nottingham Bowls Shop-sponsored Men's Triples will be played at the Great Yarmouth Festival of bowls today, with play starting at 9am.
In the first semi-final Michael Sayer, Doug Riches and Graham Roe will play John Colcombe, Paul Webb and Peter Boldero.
After winning their first game 20-9 Roe's triple faced Derek Buttle, John Watson and Steve Wells in their second and, in a close game, got home by one shot on the last end. In their first game the Wells triple beat the fancied rink of Phil Parsons, Phil Emmerson and skip George Tubby.
The other semi-final will be between Gary Oakley and Chris and Wayne Willgress and the triple skipped by Tony Dunton with partners Carl Hipperson and Charlie Boon.
In their first game of the day the Willgress triple won 20-18 against Daniel Noble and Tony and Daniel Seabourne and then beat Barry Hunt, Micky Brown and Brian Taylor 22-18.
You may also want to watch:
In their first game Taylor's triple beat Andy Hill, Kevin and Peter Rayner with Taylor taking a wood out with his last bowl to score two shots to win the game 14-12.
In their first game Dunton's triple came up against D Skipper, B Hermane and F K Davey. They comfortably won that one to play Kim Dyer, Brian Duncan and Peter Hurren.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
That game was close early on but when Dunton changed the length of jack being played they ran out easy winners 28-14.
The Bon Marche (Great Yarmouth) sponsored ladies pairs has also reached the final stages. A Chalk and R Carter will play M Beck and N Cole. The Carter pair beat S Crysell/S Daviss 21-19 in their first game and then L Quibell/J A Hearle 28-10 to reach the semi-final. In the first game the Cole pair beat B Whitehead/E Adams 20-13 and then they beat L Duff/L Tattershall 22-8.
The second semi-final will be between M Haylett and G Reeve and A Sumter and J Kirby who beat J Carter/P Groom and F Bunton/J Smith. G Reeve beat H Rix/P Rolph 19-15 and then P Wood/C Abbott 19-9 to reach the semi-final.