Transfer blow for Canaries
KEITH PEEL Norwich City manager Nigel Worthington suffered further frustration today when Luton striker Steve Howard made a £1million switch to Coca-Cola Championship rivals Derby.
Norwich City manager Nigel Worthington suffered further frustration today when Luton striker Steve Howard made a £1million switch to Coca-Cola Championship rivals Derby.
Howard had been a top target for Worthington, who has yet to make his first signing of the close season.
Howard, 30, was the subject of speculation linking him with a move to both Carrow Road and Leeds after Hatters boss Mike Newell admitted he would not stand in the way of anyone who wanted to leave.
You may also want to watch:
However, after Leeds and Norwich failed to meet the club's valuation of the forward, new Rams boss Billy Davies swooped to make the former Hartlepool man his first signing since arriving at Pride Park.
Howard made more than 200 appearances for Luton in five years at Kenilworth Road, scoring over 100 goals.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort