Tough afternoon for Harleston Magpies Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies suffered a 4-0 home defeat against a strong and skilful Wimbledon team.
After going behind on 15 minutes from a counter-attack, Magpies stepped up the pressure but were unable to find a way through and the visitors scored again.
The hosts threatened Wimbledon with good link-up play down the right from Rose Winter and Charlie Harrison, with a good ball into the D narrowly failing to produce a goal.
An attempt to tackle GB Olympic gold medalist Crista Cullen from Tor Findlay resulted in a green card and at the end of the first half another two players saw green, meaning the hosts started the second period with just nine.
An early goal from Wimbledon made it 3-0 but Magpies did not give up and battled hard, with Charlotte Peet making some good saves before the visitors added a fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend Magpies travel to top-of-the-table Hampstead and Westminster.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars