Tough afternoon for Harleston Magpies Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies suffered a 4-0 home defeat against a strong and skilful Wimbledon team.
After going behind on 15 minutes from a counter-attack, Magpies stepped up the pressure but were unable to find a way through and the visitors scored again.
The hosts threatened Wimbledon with good link-up play down the right from Rose Winter and Charlie Harrison, with a good ball into the D narrowly failing to produce a goal.
An attempt to tackle GB Olympic gold medalist Crista Cullen from Tor Findlay resulted in a green card and at the end of the first half another two players saw green, meaning the hosts started the second period with just nine.
An early goal from Wimbledon made it 3-0 but Magpies did not give up and battled hard, with Charlotte Peet making some good saves before the visitors added a fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend Magpies travel to top-of-the-table Hampstead and Westminster.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?