Tottenhill takes some beating
CHRIS BISHOP Tottenhill wasn't quite at its best as the bank holiday weather engulfed its eagerly-awaited opening last weekend.But there were enough carp and bream around to keep Lynn AA's die-hards happy as another summer kicked off on the popular club pit.
Tottenhill wasn't quite at its best as the bank holiday weather engulfed its eagerly-awaited opening last weekend.
But there were enough carp and bream around to keep Lynn AA's die-hards happy as another summer kicked off on the popular club pit.
This is bran tub fishing at its best, where you never know what the next bite's going to bring.
Kirsty Reed showed her dad and several seniors the way home, with a 57lb bream and carp net, while fellow Lynn youngsters Nathaniel Winner and Tom Cockle netted 51lb and 47lb of carp respectively.
In slightly cooler climes, the fish seem to want the bait nailed hard on the bottom, with pole fished pellet and inch or two over depth and regular loose fed the key to keeping bites coming.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 3 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 4 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 8 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 9 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 10 'Opulent' farmhouse with pond on sale for £799k
This is one fishery which generally goes from strength to strength as summer gives way to spring and the water warms, so it's one to pencil in if you're looking for somewhere to get your string pulled this weekend.
Elsewhere, roach nudging 2lb were the icing on the cake at Stanton's Lake up at Snettisham, where the bream were also obliging, even in windy conditions, with the best scaling around 7lb and a 22-fish bag of slabs averaging 4lb sending one angler home with a smile on his face.