Topcroft speedway rider Tom Braddock gets Rye House Raiders chance
Topcroft's Tom Braddock has been signed up as a member of Rye House Raiders speedway team based at Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
Tom, a talented rider who was graded a Championship Class rider in motorcycle Enduros and as a schoolboy was graded as an expert in motorcycle trials, has decided to make speedway his career.
During the winter he has been attending the Rye House speedway training school, where he has made good progress.
But he has also been receiving guidance in riding technique and machine preparation from club member Graham Jones, himself a former speedway rider who was captain of Berwick and an international class rider.
Tom and two other trainees will join the Rye House Raiders of David Mason, Ben Morley, Shane Hazelden and James Sarjeant.
Their first fixture is a home match with the Isle of Wight on Good Friday, for the first leg of a Knock-out Cup tie.
'I am very much excited to get the season under way,' said Braddock.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 6 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 7 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 8 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 9 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 10 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
'With the help of Graham Jones and former international rider Andrew Silver of Rye House I have managed to progress in speedway at a fast pace.
'I still have a lot to learn but with the help and guidance of the people round me I'm sure I can make a name for myself in the exciting world of speedway.'
Now that Tom has signed and has a formal team position, he is seeking any form of initial sponsorship to assist him in his first season. He can be contacted by email – firstname.lastname@example.org – or by calling 07747 787701.