Top scorer returns for Magpies
Harleston Magpies men returned from Middlesex at the weekend having convincingly beaten Indian Gymkhana 5-3 – a win achieved without the services of top goalscorer Ben Wright and with injuries and unavailability having restricted their travelling party to 14.
On Sunday Magpies play their final Men's Conference East game before the mid-season break when Peterborough are the visitors to Weybread (push back 2.15pm).
The visitors have had a good first half to the season, beating the sides in the lower half of the table. But while Peterborough can be relied upon to score goals their defence has conceded too many, even against the lesser sides.
Harleston visited Peterborough earlier in the season and were subjected to a 8-2 mauling.
That day Magpies fielded a much weakened side including a number of young players with little national league experience. For the return Magpies welcome back Ben Wright and Mark Stackpoole, but are without Stuart Leate.
You may also want to watch:
With a large crowd expected Magpies hope to secure three points which could put them in touch with the group of teams just above them.
Harleston from: Richard Gill, Tristan Baynes, Andy Bedwell, Pete Bale, Tom Graham, Richard Ling, Sebastion Knights, Elliot Smith, David Ling, Simon Hipwell, Rees Leonard, Alex Slater, Leigh Sitch, Ben Wright, Mark Stackpoole.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out