Tong takes over at Kirkley & Pakefield
A new management team has been unveiled at Kirkley & Pakefield – with Paul Tong taking over at Walmer Road.
Marty Hubble is the new assistant manager with Robbie Horton first team coach.
The new managerial line-up at the Ridgeons Premier League club was confirmed after a committee meeting at Walmer Road on Thursday.
In a club statement, Barrie Atkins, K&P's adult secretary, said: 'Kirkley & Pakefield football club are pleased to confirm Paul Tong as first team manager.
'Paul looks forward to working with his assistant manager Marty Hubble, first team coach Robbie Horton and assisted by Mike Guymer our adult football co-ordinator.
'Paul has spent many years as manager at Great Yarmouth and Diss FC and brings a wealth of experience to the role. We look forward to a successful and rewarding relationship.
'We would like to take this opportunity to thank Jon Reynolds for all his hard work and efforts.'
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 9 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 10 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise
Tong's first game in charge will be today's FA Vase clash against Woodbridge (3pm).
'It would be great to see many old and new faces at this game to welcome Paul to the fold,' Atkins said. 'The club would like to put on record its thanks to Marty, Robbie and Mike for their commitment during the period since Jon Reynolds stood down.'
Tong, after resigning as the Yarmouth Town manager last week, was an interested spectator at K&P's last league game – a fine 0-0 draw away at title hopefuls Wroxham.
Speculation has been mounting as to who the new boss would be ever since Jon Reynolds resigned from the helm a fortnight ago.
Other FA Vase first round qualifying ties include Mildenhall Town at home to March Town, Swaffham at home to Felixstowe & Walton United, Thetford at home to Long Melford while Fakenham travel to Walsham-le-Willows.