Tight battle for Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League title
There was no change at the top of Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League following the weekend's games.
County Arts A remain top after they won 80-74 at Pentney B, Philip Barr's rink top scoring 30-20. Norfolk BC A have closed the gap to just one point after they beat Gallow A at home 117-50, winning on all four rinks. Jake Willgress's rink top scored 37-6.
Acle A remain in third place following their 114- 50 win at home to Lakeside A, Tony Dunton's rink winning 31-9. Wymondham A have pulled themselves away from the bottom after they beat Lynnsport A at home by 101 shots to 53, David Naunton's rink winning 33-9.
In Division Two, Diss A have stretched their lead at the top to six points following their 83-77 win at home to Acle B, Roger Barnbrook's rink winning 26-17. Second placed Pinewood Park A drew away at Shotford A 77-77, the Shotford rink skipped by M Taylor top scoring 26-12.
Norfolk BC B gained their first win of the season defeating Hunstanton at home by 82 shots to 78, Tony Davis's rink winning 25-18.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham A have moved to the top of Division Three following their 103-70 home win against to Acle C, John Gamblin's rink winning 32-17.
Roundwood A have dropped to second in the table after they lost a close match at North Walsham by 74 shots to 73, despite their rink skipped by Phil Glover top scoring 22-9.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 8 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
Old Hall beat Pinewood Park B at home by 83 shots to 74, Dean Shingfield's rink winning 34-13, and Lakeside B gained a much needed win at home to Brecks by 106 shots to 54, Terry Maidstone's rink winning 35-11.
Wymondham B remain top of Division 4 following their narrow victory away at Gallow B by 72 shots to 71, their rink skipped by Terry Prior winning 24-12. Browston B move up to third in the table after they defeated Diss B at home by 85 shots to 73, Michael Harvey's rink winning 25-18. County Arts C beat Pentney B at home by 104 shots to 63, their rink skipped by B Nicholls winning 38-16.
In Division 5, Lynnsport B remain top after they won at home to Great Yarmouth by 92 shots to 63, Mel Pitchers rink top scoring for them 26-9. Wymondham B remain second just a point behind after they won away at Roundwood B by 99 shots to 60, Keith Warne's rink winning 32-11.