Thurlow Nunn round-up: Thetford denied by late strike
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
The wet weather decimated the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division programme but those who braved the elements for Ely against Thetford were rewarded with a cracker.
Ely raced into a two goal lead just after the half-hour mark and there looked to be no way back for the Brecklanders. James Seymour put the home side in front after heading home Lewis McDonald's cross before Sean O'Donnell put through his own net to make it 2-0.
However, Thetford rallied in the second half and were thrown a lifeline when Steven Harley latched on to a long ball over the top before rifling home. Just after the hour-mark Thetford drew level as Luke Catchpole reacted first to Harley's flick-on to make it 2-2.
The comeback looked to be complete eight minutes from time when Catchpole grabbed his second of the afternoon, firing home from a tight angle.
However, Ely had the final say in the 89th minute as Austen Diaper sprung the offside trap before firing home and ensuring that the points were shared.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United were surprisingly beaten at home to lowly Stanway Rovers thanks to Craig Hughes' goal.
In Division One the only match to survive was Ipswich Wanderers against Dereham Reserves as the Magpies went down to a single goal defeat.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000