Thurlow Nunn round-up: Ross Bailey’s double helps Thetford Town down Coggeshall
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
Thetford Town are up to second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division table after an impressive 3-2 victory over Coggeshall Town.
Coggeshall had been proving the pacesetters in the division until recently but Danny White's side inflicted a second defeat of the season on the Essex side.
Ross Bailey put the Brecklanders in front and he doubled their advantage just after half-time. Coggeshall pulled a goal back to set up a nervy finish but Robbie Priddle put the result beyond doubt with a goal five minutes from time. Coggeshall pulled a goal back but it was too little, too late.
Wroxham are also slowly moving up the table as they appear to be gathering a bit of momentum after a 2-1 win over Saffron Walden.
The Yachtsmen got their noses in front in the fourth minute thanks to a smart finish by Robbie Sweeney after good work down the flank by Craig Bussens.
You may also want to watch:
It got even better for Wroxham after 15 minutes when Sam Bryant opened his account for the season. Peter Wiltshire's 20-yard strike could only be parried into Bryant's path and he made no mistake.
Former Norwich City academy player Josh Pond came on as a second half substitute but Wroxham were unable to preserve a clean sheet as two minutes from time Graeme Turner headed home. Keeper Will Viner pulled off a couple of excellent saves at the death to ensure all three points for his side, who are now up to sixth in the table.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home
Fakenham Town had an afternoon to forget on the road as they were hammered 5-0 against Brantham whilst Kirkley & Pakefield fared little better losing 6-2 at Newmarket Town.
In the First Division Norwich CBS were held to a 2-2 draw against Halstead as they were pegged back twice. Jordan Attree put the Norwich outfit in front before the home side equalised and Matthew Cross then made it 2-1. However, Norwich CBS couldn't hold on and they had to settle for a point.
Diss are without a win in three games after they were well beaten 3-0 against Braintree Reserves whilst Norwich United's second string lost 1-0 against Debenham LC.