Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Wisbech Town and Dereham Town apply for promotion
Five Thurlow Nunn Premier Division clubs - including Wisbech Town and Dereham Town - have applied to the FA for promotion.
The Fenmen and the Magpies, along with Brantham Athletic, Haverhill Rovers and Stanway Rovers, are hoping to move up to Step Four of the non-league ladder next season.
Promotion for any of the sides is subject to them finishing in a qualifying position in the league - which this season can be as low as a third-placed finish - and having an E ground grading by March 31, 2013.
This must then be upgraded to a D grade by the same date in 2014 or an enforced relegation back to Step Five may result.
For this campaign only, there is a possibility that two clubs from the Premier Division may be invited to join Step Four, subject to the above conditions, because Ryman Division One North and Division One South are being increased from 22 to 24 teams.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Appleby's Wisbech are second, three places ahead of Matt Henman's Dereham who beat them 1-0 on Saturday and can go top if they win their games in hand.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?