Thurlow Nunn League round-up: There’s no stopping Norwich United as weather hits fixtures
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Three was the magic number for a clutch of Norfolk teams at the weekend - but it suited one more than others.
While leaders Norwich United marched on with a 3-0 away win at Fakenham Town, the derby clash between Diss Town and Thetford Town at Brewers Green Lane ended 3-3. Norwich United's win at Clipbush Park came courtesy of goals from Ben Thompson, in the first half, Matt Blake, within a minute of coming on as a sub, and Paul Cook.
With Godmanchester Rovers' game at Ely postponed on a day when many fixtures fell foul of the weather, it means the Planters are now six points clear of their closest challengers in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Diss will be happy with a point given their recent run of poor form, although it does little to help their position at the wrong end of the table.
The Tangerines are still bottom, level on points with Ely from two games more, with both nine points adrift of the next team, Wivenhoe Town. But at least the draw stemmed the tide – Diss had lost their last three games, conceding four goals on each occasion.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford, 14th, raced into a 3-1 lead thanks to James Dean's brace and a strike from Halen Smith. But Danny Self and Ben Lewis followed Jacob Brown's suit after the break in finding the net to ensure Diss earned a share of the spoils.
In the First Division, Great Yarmouth Town were losing 2-0 at home to Swaffham Town when the match had to be abandoned after 55 minutes because of floodlight failure.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Downham Town's match at March Town United was postponed.