Big wins for Norwich CBS and Swaffham, but Thetford suffer again
- Credit: Archant
It was goals galore for Norfolk clubs – but for Thetford, they all went in at the wrong end.
The Brecklanders were on the end of a 6-0 thrashing at Coggeshall as they struggle to get their league form back on track.
There were good wins for Fakenham and Gorleston, a draw for Wroxham and defeats for Great Yarmouth and Kirkley & Pakefield.
Fakenham beat FC Clacton 2-0, with a brace of goals from Kyle Plumb. Gorleston were 2-1 winners over visiting Long Melford. Joel Watts put the Greens ahead on 15 minutes, with the visitors reduced to 10 men on 69 minutes. Sub Kyle Ingram made it 2-0 before Melford pulled a goal back in the final minute of normal time.
Wroxham blew a two-goal lead at Stowmarket Town, with goals from Connor Ingram hitting both goals before the hosts hit back in the final 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Yarmouth went down 1-0 at home to Ely City while Kirkley & Pakefield lost by the same scoreline at home to Stanway Rovers.
The First Division was the place to be for goals: Norwich CBS hit visiting Leiston for eight without reply while Swaffham were 6-1 winners at Little Oakley and Diss won 4-0 away to Wisbech St Mary.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
It was a return of the CBS of old – James Page started the goalfest with new signing Mo Hassan linking up well with Paul Cook. In-form Matthew Doyle got his first with a looping header from 18 yards and completed a 40-minute hat-trick while Page added his second before half-time making it 5-0, with Leiston not really creating anything to worry keeper John Howes.
The second half nearly didn't happen with Leiston informing CBS they might not come out due to injuries and having only one sub, but they battled on – Jordan Attree scored a brace and Dean Mortimer added his first of the season to make it 8-0.
Swaffham's goals came from Ryan Pearson, Joe Jackson, whose brace included a penalty, Nick Castellan, Alex Vincent and substitute Matthew Blackford.
King's Lynn Reserves drew 1-1 at Debenham LC, but Downham lost 4-0 at home to Woodbridge and Norwich United lost by the same score at home to Framlingham.