Thurlow Nunn League preview: Thetford Town aim to complete Norfolk derby double over Diss Town
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Thetford Town can leapfrog fierce rivals Diss Town by winning today's Norfolk derby in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
The Brecklanders will climb above the Tangerines to 15th if they triumph on their own Mundford Road turf as Mark Scott's hosts look to complete a memorable league double over Chris Tracey's Diss.
Elsewhere, Gorleston entertain Felixstowe & Walton United, Mildenhall Town host Haverhill Rovers, Norwich United welcome Brightlingsea Regent while Kirkley & Pakefield visit Newmarket Town.
In the First Division, table-topping Fakenham Town will be hoping to pull further away from the chasing pack. They visit fifth-placed Ipswich Wanderers, one of a host of teams trying to haul themselves into the top-three promotion places.
Ghosts boss Wayne Anderson, whose men have scored a staggering 71 league goals this term, said: 'It's a tough place to go over there (Ipswich). But with my hand on our heart I know our firepower at the minute is phenomenal.
'We've just got to try and tighten up at the back, make sure we're tight in midfield, and go over there with the right attitude. It would be nice to come away with three points and still be top of the table.'
Great Yarmouth Town, eighth, host Saffron Walden Town, third-placed Swaffham Town travel to Needham Market Town and basement boys Downham Town welcome Long Melford.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 3 River Wensum stops flowing through mill for first time in a century
- 4 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 5 Norfolk hospital charged following death of patient mistakenly sent home
- 6 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 7 Restaurant boss frustrated at summer no-shows 'strangling the industry'
- 8 Stained glass shop to close its doors after almost 30 years
- 9 New camera installed to catch drivers at speeding hotspot in Norwich
- 10 Rogue landlords hit with £67,500 in fines in scheme praised by tenants
Town's new boss Mark Reeve said: 'I'm going to target trying to get 10 points between now and the end of the season. It's going to be a big ask but I'm someone who has always set targets and challenged myself.
'With regards to the actual players themselves it's more a case of really lifting their confidence and just letting them get out there and be a bit more positive on the ball.'
- For more from Anderson and Reeve listen to this week's West Norfolk Sports Podcast at www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp