Thurlow Nunn League preview: Premier Division Fakenham Town looking for streak to continue
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town have another opportunity to show they've more than found their feet in the top flight.
The promoted Ghosts' only defeat in their last five matches was on penalties to Kirkley & Pakefield in the League Cup. And ninth-placed Fakenham will be looking to continue that decent streak when they welcome fourth-from-bottom Walsham-le-Willows today.
Boss Wayne Anderson said: 'The lads are playing with fire in their bellies at the moment and after going to Irchester in the Vase we went to Newmarket trying to put on a really good performance against a top side in our league – and we did that (1-1 draw). We need to go on from that point at Newmarket and carry on the fighting spirit we showed into Walsham and try to get the three points on the board again.'
Table-topping Norwich United have a nine-point lead over their nearest challengers and visit sixth-placed Stanway Rovers.
Elsewhere, basement boys Diss Town host Haverhill Rovers, Thetford Town entertain Hadleigh United while Kirkley & Pakefield visit Mildenhall Town.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston's match at FC Clacton has been postponed as a mark of respect to Greens' coach Glyn Hopkins who tragically died this week aged just 40.
In the First Division, managerless Downham Town host Leiston Reserves, Great Yarmouth Town are at Cornard United, King's Lynn Town travel to Team Bury's second string and Swaffham Town travel to Woodbridge Town.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets