Thurlow Nunn League preview: Great Yarmouth Town aim to bounce back at First Division high-fliers
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth Town will be looking for an instant response this weekend after being brought down to earth with a bump.
The Bloaters had started their Thurlow Nunn First Division campaign in stunning style, but suffered a 3-0 home at the hands of Debenham LC on Saturday.
Town had previously gone six hours and 36 minutes without conceding a league goal this season, but they could not find a way back into the game after going behind to an own goal.
The second half saw the Bloaters camp out in Debenham's half but they were undone twice more – once from a long punt upfield and once from the penalty spot with just a couple of minutes remaining.
Another test of their promotion credentials comes today when they visit Halstead Town, second to Wivenhoe only by virtue of goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in the second tier, Diss Town visit Team Bury Reserves.
In the top-flight, rock-bottom Fakenham Town – yet to score or pick up a Premier Division point so far this term – host Brantham Athletic in their eighth league match of the campaign. Kirkley & Pakefield are also at home, they welcome Stanway Rovers.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
Thetford Town (Hadleigh United), Swaffham Town (Haverhill Rovers) and Gorleston (Whitton United) are all on the road.
In the United Counties League Premier Division, Wisbech Town will look to end a bad week which has seen them lose the services of attacking talents Declan Rogers and Danny Beaumont by picking up something at Cogenhoe United.
Boss Brett Whaley also has his eyes on signing a frontman, namely King's Lynn Town's Jack Frohawk.