Thurlow Nunn League preview: Gorleston host Kirkley & Pakefield in Boxing Day cracker
Only five festive delights will be served up in a less than stuffed Thurlow Nunn League schedule today.
With a host of clubs opting to play tomorrow and on Saturday there will be just three Premier Division and two First Division fixtures. The Boxing Day cracker looks likely to be on the east coast where Gorleston, fourth, will be aiming to keep pace with the promotion pack when they entertain mid-table Kirkley & Pakefield.
Stewart Larter's Greens were frustrated at the weekend as their match at Wivenhoe was postponed while Pakefield rescued a point with a last-minute goal in a 3-3 draw at Mildenhall.
Diss Town host Walsham-le-Willows following a 4-1 reverse at Felixstowe & Walton United – who entertain Woodbridge Town (noon) – and could do with a positive result to put some distance between themselves and the bottom three.
Away from the top flight, there's a Norfolk derby between Swaffham Town and Dereham Town Reserves. Paul Hunt's Pedlars sit fourth but lost ground on the teams above them with a surprise 1-0 home defeat to Braintree Town's second string at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies' reserve team have just won five of their 19 league fixtures but go into the match on the back of a battling 2-2 draw at home to Team Bury. Elsewhere, third-placed Halstead Town entertain Saffron Walden Town.
*All kick-offs 11am unless stated
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park