Thurlow Nunn League preview: Diss Town to host ‘spicy’ derby against Thetford Town
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
Thetford Town's attempts to end a run of 14 matches without a win will continue this weekend with a derby clash at Diss Town.
The match offers Thetford, 18th in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, the chance to make up ground on Diss, who are 10 points better off in 14th place.
'They are our closest rivals, so there is always a little bit of needle,' said Thetford boss Mark Scott.
'We've got several players from the last four or five years who have swapped between the two clubs, so it should be a bit spicy. More realistically, it is another opportunity to get some points and our players are as desperate for the three points as I am, and obviously there's a little more in it for the players who have moved from club to club.'
Elsewhere, Kirkley & Pakefield host Brantham Athletic, Gorleston visit Newmarket and Norwich United entertain Ely. The stand-out tie in the First Division sees Fakenham, second, visit league leaders Whitton.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham boss Wayne Anderson said: 'It is always a hard game at Whitton, and we always seem to get someone sent off too – whether it's Ben Boyce, Kyle Plumb, even me or Neil Jarvis! But if we keep going the way we are and keep plugging away in the right manner, if we dig in and we nick a goal, you never know.'
Great Yarmouth Town travel to AFC Sudbury Reserves, basement boys Downham Town host Dereham Town Reserves while Swaffham Town visit Stowmarket Town.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre