Thurlow Nunn League: Matt Blake double keeps Norwich United on top
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norwich United are flying the Norfolk flag as they continue their charge at the summit of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
A 2-0 home win over Walsham-le-Willows made it seven league wins in a row for Damian Hilton's team.
Matt Blake got both goals, ensuring the Planters stay five points clear of Godmanchester Rovers, who were 3-2 winners at champions Hadleigh.
Kirkley & Pakefield are seventh, just four points off second, after a 1-1 draw at home to Wivenhoe Town. The visitors went ahead 15 minutes from time, but the Royals grabbed a point in time added on when Ian Hunter fired home a free-kick.
Gorleston are a point and a place behind after a disappointing 2-1 defeat at Ely City, who were winning for only the second time in 14 matches.
You may also want to watch:
The Greens were ahead in the 38th minute when Bradley Hough's near-post corner was turned in by the head of Peter Lambert.
But 11 minutes after the break it was all square before Ely grabbed the winner six minutes from time.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
It leaves Gorleston with just one point from the last nine since they beat champions Hadleigh.
Ely are now three points clear of bottom side Diss Town, who suffered defeat for the 12th time in 13 outings when they lost 1-0 at Fakenham, Ben Boyce scoring on 39 minutes.
Thetford Town drew 1-1 at home to Whitton United, the visitors earning a point after James Dean had put Town ahead in the first half.
In the First Division, Swaffham Town were beaten 3-0 at Haverhill Borough while neighbours Downham Town went down 4-0 at AFC Sudbury Reserves. But Great Yarmouth Town will be happy with a 2-0 win at Braintree Town Reserves.