Thurlow Nunn League: Great Yarmouth Town head into Suffolk looking to claim early Norfolk honours
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Great Yarmouth Town have their own Norfolk-Suffolk rivalry to sort out this afternoon when the Bloaters head to Ipswich Wanderers looking for their second win of the season.
The Bloaters have yet to play in front of their home fans in the league, with a win at Fakenham followed by a loss at Mildenhall and face an Ipswich side who have won both their league openers.
The fixture list has been unkind to their local rivals, Gorleston, who are undefeated in three games and sit a place and two points behind leaders Mildenhall. Gorleston are without a game this weekend, as are fifth-placed Thetford Town, who appear to be shrugging off the problems of recent seasons, having opened with six points from their first three games.
Fakenham Town face the leaders at Clipbush Park: the Ghosts opened with a win but have lost their last three plus one in the FA Cup.
In the First Division, second-placed Diss entertain Braintree.
You may also want to watch:
Last night, Wisbech St Mary continued to show their promise by earning a 1-1 home draw with King's Lynn Town Reserves.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer