Thurlow Nunn League: Great Yarmouth Town head into Suffolk looking to claim early Norfolk honours
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Great Yarmouth Town have their own Norfolk-Suffolk rivalry to sort out this afternoon when the Bloaters head to Ipswich Wanderers looking for their second win of the season.
The Bloaters have yet to play in front of their home fans in the league, with a win at Fakenham followed by a loss at Mildenhall and face an Ipswich side who have won both their league openers.
The fixture list has been unkind to their local rivals, Gorleston, who are undefeated in three games and sit a place and two points behind leaders Mildenhall. Gorleston are without a game this weekend, as are fifth-placed Thetford Town, who appear to be shrugging off the problems of recent seasons, having opened with six points from their first three games.
Fakenham Town face the leaders at Clipbush Park: the Ghosts opened with a win but have lost their last three plus one in the FA Cup.
In the First Division, second-placed Diss entertain Braintree.
You may also want to watch:
Last night, Wisbech St Mary continued to show their promise by earning a 1-1 home draw with King's Lynn Town Reserves.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street