Thurlow Nunn League: Gorleston up to third, as Diss lose again
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston returned to winning ways in spectacular fashion last night when they won 5-0 at Premier Division strugglers Walsham-le-Willows.
The Greens went into last night's game with successive defeats behind them but were in control from the moment Chris Sandford fired them in front on 18 minutes.
There was no further scoring in the first half but Gorleston took over after the break, scoring four more goals.
Ali McKenna made it 2-0 on 47 minutes and Sandford netted his second midway through the half before late efforts from Peter Lambert and Lee Roots completed the rout.
Diss Town's misery at the foot of the table continued when they were beaten 3-0 at home by Mildenhall. It was the Tangerines' 13th defeat in 14 league games this season.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One there was a boost for Downham Town as they beat Haverhill Borough 1-0 at home to record their fourth league victory of the season.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals