Thurlow Nunn League: Gorleston up to third, as Diss lose again
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston returned to winning ways in spectacular fashion last night when they won 5-0 at Premier Division strugglers Walsham-le-Willows.
The Greens went into last night's game with successive defeats behind them but were in control from the moment Chris Sandford fired them in front on 18 minutes.
There was no further scoring in the first half but Gorleston took over after the break, scoring four more goals.
Ali McKenna made it 2-0 on 47 minutes and Sandford netted his second midway through the half before late efforts from Peter Lambert and Lee Roots completed the rout.
Diss Town's misery at the foot of the table continued when they were beaten 3-0 at home by Mildenhall. It was the Tangerines' 13th defeat in 14 league games this season.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One there was a boost for Downham Town as they beat Haverhill Borough 1-0 at home to record their fourth league victory of the season.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler