Harleston thrash Mulbarton 4-0 to go top of Thurlow Nunn Division One
- Credit: Archant
Harleston moved to the top of Thurlow Nunn League Division One North on Tuesday night with a stunning 4-0 win at Mulbarton Wanderers.
The previously unbeaten league leaders were brought down to earth with a mighty bump by the side who were promoted alongside them last season, with Nathan Stone grabbing a hat-trick.
Harleston made their dominance count in the 18th minute when Scott Roberts sent over an excellent cross which was nodded home by Kyle Baker.
The lead was doubled on 36 minutes as Stone produced a neat first-time finish to leave keeper Duncan McAnally with no chance, moments after missing another good chance.
It quickly went from bad to worse for Mulbarton after the break, with Stone scoring twice in nine minutes to stretch Town's lead to 4-0 midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
The striker fired home at the second time of asking after McAnally had made a excellent stop to deny Baker and then completed his hat-trick with a composed finish.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train