Thurlow Nunn League: Diss and Fakenham set for Premier Division clash
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town look to build on midweek cup success today when they host Norfolk rivals Fakenham Town in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division.
The Tangerines beat First Division Swaffham Town 1-0 in the League Challenge Cup on Tuesday, thanks to a goal from Chris Holmes.
With just one league win so far this season following a 4-1 home loss to Ipswich Wanderers last week, Mike Derbyshire's bottom-of-the-table side are in desperate need of another win.
They face a Fakenham side who featured in an exciting League Challenge Cup game at home against Premier Division rivals Kirkley & Pakefield on Wednesday night.
The match finished 1-1 after extra-time at Clipbush Park and went to penalties, eventually finishing 12-11 to Kirkley after 15 penalties each.
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend Fakenham had impressively won 1-0 at second-placed Godmanchester Rovers though, so Diss look to have another tough match in prospect.
Kirkley aim to build on that shootout success with a home game against lowly Wivenhoe Town.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
The Essex side have conceded nine and only scored two in their last four matches, to sit third from bottom in the table, while Kirkley won 4-0 at home against Thetford Town last weekend.
Thetford are also at home and looking to build on their midweek success in the League Challenge Cup, winning 3-1 at Great Yarmouth Town.
The Brecklanders lost 4-0 to Kirkley and Norwich United in their last two games, ending good form which had seen them draw 3-3 with Gorleston and beat Fakenham 3-0.
Today they host Whitton United, who sit three points and three places below them in the table after a 2-1 win at Walsham-le-Willows last week.
Gorleston travel to Ely, who sit second from bottom but won their first league game of the season last weekend when they won 4-2 at FC Clacton.
First Division leaders Swaffham Town play their first league game for two weeks, away at ninth-placed Haverhill Borough.
Great Yarmouth are away against mid-table rivals Braintree and Downham travel to Sudbury Reserves.