Thurlow Nunn round-up: Ryan Fuller to the rescue for Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Fuller was the hero as his 93rd minute strike rescued a point in a 2-2 draw for Gorleston at Framlingham in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Fuller's injury time goal salvaged Gorleston's first point since the opening week of the season.
Framlingham went into the game bottom of the league and without a home league goal so far this season but that didn't stop them racing into a 2-0 lead.
Max Willet's hooked finish put the hosts in front and it got even better when Alex Ling's smart effort doubled their advantage.
Gorleston threw themselves a lifeline just before the break with Peter Lambert's glanced finish, the 85th of his Gorleston career.
You may also want to watch:
The Greens threw the kitchen sink late on at Framlingham and they got their reward when Elliott Ward's ball into the area caused trouble and Fuller was the first to react and smash the ball home.
Liam Jackson's goal preserved a point after Norwich United had fallen behind at Walsham-le-Willows whilst Wroxham fell to a 1-0 defeat at home against Woodbridge. A goal from Matt Mackenzie 15 minutes from time was enough to take all three points. A long ball from defence saw Mackenzie outmuscle the Wroxham defender. He then fired high into the net past the unlucky Connor Milligan.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Wroxham had their chances, most notably from Peter Wiltshire and Cruise Nyadzayo, but both were unable to level the scores.
On Friday night goals from Jon Carver and Valter Rocha gave Thetford Town a 2-1 win at Ely City whilst Great Yarmouth beat Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 2-1 as Kingsley Barnes' save from Miguel Lopez's penalty gave the Bloaters all three points.
In the First Division Diss Town and Swaffham Town fought out a 1-1 draw. Stacey Payne was on target for the Tangerines whilst Cameron Lee replied for the Pedlars.
Nathan Russell and Scott Roberts were on target in Harleston Town's 2-1 win at Wisbech St Mary whilst Paul Cook was on target in Norwich CBS' 1-1 draw with Lakenheath.
On Friday night goals from Thomas Amis and Sam Whiting gave Mulbarton Wanderers victory at home against Fakenham Town.