Thurlow Nunn round-up: Gorleston late show nets all three points against Stanway Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston came from behind to net two late goals and take victory at home to Stanway Rovers in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
An impeccable minute's silence was observed before the game in honour of supporter Maurice King, who died suddenly last week.
The Greens fell behind in the 12th minute through Jordan Blackwell's precise free-kick, which caught goalkeeper Scott Foreman rooted to the spot.
It looked like Stanway would hold on for the win until seven minutes from time Gorleston finally found an equaliser. There looked little on when Ross Gilfedder collected the ball on the edge of the area but the striker turned his man before producing an excellent finish to make it 1-1.
It got better for Stewart Larter's side when, with just seconds of normal time remaining, Peter Lambert rose highest to head home the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Theford Town went down to a 3-2 defeat at Haverhill Borough whilst Great Yarmouth Town were defeated by runaway league leaders Felixstowe & Walton courtesy of a brace from Joe Francis.
Kirkley & Pakefield picked up a creditable point in a 0-0 draw at second-placed Coggeshall whilst Wroxham went down to a 1-0 defeat against Histon – Ed Rolph getting the only goal of the game.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
It was a day to forget for Fakenham Town as they were hammered 7-0 away at Saffron Walden.
Swaffham Town kept up the pressure on their rivals at the top of the First Division as they hammered Cornard United 7-2 at Shoemakers Lane.
Joe Jackson plundered a first-half hat-trick whilst Matthew Prudence and Alex Vincent both bagged braces.
Norwich CBS also picked up three points in a 4-0 win against Little Oakley at the FDC. Jordan Attree opened the scoring with a diving header from Matthew Doyle's cross and the same combination doubled the home side's advantage as Attree completed a cool finish.
James Baughust bagged his first goal for CBS with a 25-yard strike, which the keeper found too hot to handle, and Daniel Barraclough completed the scoring with a header – his 11th goal of the season.
Downham Town earned a point in a 0-0 draw at Halstead Town whilst Diss went down to a 2-0 reverse at home against Team Bury.