Great Yarmouth looking to bounce back at home to FC Clacton
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Great Yarmouth Town will be hoping to put right a wrong today when they entertain FC Clacton.
The Bloaters were level pegging at Histon in midweek when the sending off of skipper Robin Andersen changed the game, as they ended up losing 5-1.
'The sending off changed the course of the game, and it seems the referee didn't make any allowance for the difficult conditions when giving two consecutive yellow cards to our skipper,' said joint Yarmouth manager Martyn Sinclair.
'It was a disappointing night, but one we can learn from and hopefully put right at the weekend.'
Yarmouth are 17th in the table, one place and three points ahead of their opponents.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston return to action after an unscheduled break when they travel to Hadleigh United. The Greens were due to have entertained bottom side Wivenhoe a week ago but the game was postponed because of a waterloged pitch.
After a poor December which yielded just two points in four games, the Greens have won four, drawn one and lost one in 2018 and will be aiming to extend that sequence against Hadleigh, who are fourth from bottom in the table.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 8 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
Wroxham will be eager to get back to winning ways when they entertain Ely City. The Yachtsmen were beaten 4-0 at Coggeshall last week, having won their first three league matches under new boss Jamie Godbold.
Thetford Town will be looking to leapfrog Kirkley & Pakefield this weekend – the Brecklanders have a trip to Haverhill Rovers while the Royals, one place and two points ahead, are without a game.
Struggling Fakenham Town have a tough trip to sixth-placed Godmanchester Rovers.
In the First Division, fourth plays third when Swaffham Town travel to Framlingham Town hoping to avenge a 2-1 loss at Shoemakers Lane last month.
King's Lynn Town Reserves are Little Oakley, Norwich CBS have a home game against Halstead Town, Downham Town go to Debenham LC, Norwich United are away to Braintree Town Reserves and Diss Town have a trip to Cornard.