Thrilling cup clash brings Dell delight
Wymondham Dell have been crowned county club champions by winning the Bales Cup against Norfolk Bowling Club at RG Carter Bowls Club.
Having met in the Hansells Premier League two days earlier, when Norfolk BC were the winners, Wymondham Dell turned the tables to come out victorious. The match score, after the regulation 21 ends, was tied and with the light failing, extra ends by all three rinks were required.
In a tense ending, with an umpire's measure required on two of the three rinks, the Dell gained victory by a single shot.
• Diss & District have been crowned Jermy Cup champions following the finals day at Norfolk Bowling Club.
In the semi-finals they beat the St Lawrence Club 55-45 while in the other Wymondham Dell overcame the fancied Freethorpe team 61-58.
The final was a largely one-sided affair with Diss beating the Dell 67-50.
• There will be no all-Acle final in the Lord Fermoy Cup Double Fours championship.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
While the Acle A team booked their place in the final by beating Wootton Park 44-29, Downham Market beat Acle B 50-41. The final, played on a home and away basis, will be on Thursday.
A report on the finals of the individual County Championships will be published next week.
• Suzanne, Harriett, Sam and Mervyn King need to win one more game to progress into the last 16 and play in The National Mixed Fours at Worthing.
After winning the area, they played John Rednall's rink at Ipswich and won, and last week they played at Norfolk BC against Carl Finbow's rink from Stowmarket and recorded another victory, 25-18.