Thorpe Marriott pair win City League title on last end
The City League's pairs championship was played out at Lakeside Country Club with Thorpe Marriott's Sylvia and Tony Turner winning their first title.
In the semi-finals, the Turners defeated another husband and wife team, County Council's Geoff and Alice Payne by one shot after a dramatic last end while, Sprowston's Margaret and John Poynter were beaten by RG Carter's Frank Edy and Sue Hunt.
The final was a close game and had to be decided by an extra end, on which the Turners scored the winning sho.
The singles championship will be held, also at Lakeside, on Sunday, February 19 (9.30am start).
In the league RG Carter won again, this time 11-3 at home to First Bus (T Brown 19-3). Framingham Earl's season of under achievement continued as they were beaten 12-2 at home by Thorpe Marriott and then lost 14-0 away to Horsford BC.
You may also want to watch:
Horsford Heroes led 4-0 and by 14 shots at half time at home to Costessey, who won both games in the second half – J Brown 13-8 and M Ottaway 17-9 – but fell one shot short of winning the match points.
Jarrolds, at home to British Rail, won a close game 12-2, a score repeated by County Council at Taverham. Thorpe Marriott beat Old Bonds 11-3 away, but only by three shots.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
The City League wish Deaf Sports' Robin Amos a speedy recovery from his recent health problems.