Thompson and Taylor are bowling stars
Two promising young bowlers are the recipients of the prizes in this week's EDP24/Hansells Cricket Awards.Sheringham's Jordan Taylor and Joe Thompson, of St Andrews, each receive £10 vouchers to spend at Pilch Sports in Norwich after starring for their clubs at the weekend.
Two promising young bowlers are the recipients of the prizes in this week's EDP24/Hansells Cricket Awards.
Sheringham's Jordan Taylor and Joe Thompson, of St Andrews, each receive £10 vouchers to spend at Pilch Sports in Norwich after starring for their clubs at the weekend.
Taylor, 14, played for Sheringham in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League RJ Bidewell Division Three match against Gressenhall.
He returned figures of four for 20 from 9.5 overs to help his side to a four-wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
Fifteeen-year-old Thompson claimed his second five-wicket haul of the season in St Andrews' Knights Norfolk League Division Three victory at Rackheath.
He took five for 14 to reduce Rackheath from 100 for one to 120 for eight as St Andrews won by 74 runs.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Earlier, he had struck his first ball for four to ensure maximum batting points for his team.
Other worthy nominees included Hales' Graham Squire, who took five for 31 in their league win against Old Buckenham A and Rollesby's Stephen Alger, who took four for 12 to drag his side from the brink of defeat to an unlikely league victory against Old Catton.
n To nominate a player for next week's awards, email your entry to including the player's name, team, match details and a brief summary of what they did in the game. Please also include a photograph and a contact telephone number.
Entries must be received before noon on Wednesday.
The competition is open to players of all ages and at all levels of the game.