Thetford Town win to set up home Vase tie with Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Town set up an intriguing home tie against Wisbech Town in the second round of the FA Vase after winning their first round replay at Debenham LC 2-0.
Town took charge of this battle between Thurlow Nunn League teams by scoring twice in two minutes in the first half.
Skipper Sam Bond opened the scoring by blasting home in the 27th minute and in virtually their next attack Thetford scored again, Max Melanson finding the back of the net from 25 yards.
Back in the league Gorleston let a two goal lead slip as lost 3-2 at Wroxham.
Mitch McKay netted after just 10 minutes, with Connor Ingram doubling the Greens' advantage from a free-kick on 36 minutes after seeing an earlier penalty saved.
You may also want to watch:
Connor Deeks pulled one back with a looping header on the hour mark and Payton Swatman equalised with an 88th pile-driver before an own goal won it in injury-time.
Kirkley & Pakefield beat Walsham le Willows 2-0 to make it two wins in four days.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich